It’s been a minute. I recently started at a new job, which has taken some time, and I have been putting a lot of focus into my other platforms, but I’m here (for good!)
I have been planning and working on vegan yummies for you all, and I can’t wait to share everything with you!
I have so much planned for this blog and my other platforms. I plan to incorporate more fitness, health, and nutrition – so stay tuned because this will all be starting very soon! (like this week soon)
So to kick this all off I have 2 “dessert” recipes for you!
Recipe 1: Raw Cheesecake
- 1 c pitted dates (if you can get the medjool dates from Trader Joes)
- 1 c raw walnuts
The Cheesecake Layer:
- 1.5 c cashews
- 1 large lemon
- -1/3 c coconut oil
- -2/3 c coconut milk
- .5 c maple syrup
- Boil your cashews for 20 min, drain, set aside
- In a food processor, combine the dates and walnuts until they form a ball
- Add layer to baking dish of choice. I used a bread tin, but you can use cupcake holders, pie dishes, cake dishes, etc. Line with parchment paper before adding the base!
- Freeze the first layer for 30 min
- In a blender, combine all of the cheesecake ingredients.
- Add the cheesecake layer to the dish and freeze for at least an hour
*Store in the refrigerator or freezer
RECIPE 2: Brown Rice Krispies
- 4 c brown rice cereal
- 1 c raw almond butter
- ¼ c brown rice syrup
- 4 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- Mix in a mixing bowl
- Add parchment paper to a large dish
- Add rice krispie mix to the dish. Press down with hands to be sure it’s packed tight.
- Freeze for 30-40 min
- Cut into squares
- Store in refrigerator
Both of these are super easy, and guilt free. Feel free to omit the coconut oil in the krispies (I’m trying this next time.) Wyatt and I absolutely LOVED these treats! Let me know if you give them a try!
All the best,