I have been known to work extra protein into my meals. One of my favorite recipes is this homemade granola, and I have now tweaked it to include extra protein!
This granola is cheap, easy to make, and full of a variety of foods. This would be a great addition to your weekly meal prep as you can add it to so many different meals.
1.5 c lentils (cooked)
2 c rolled oats
1/2 c raw almonds
1/2 c raw pecans
1 c unsweetened coconut
1/4 c chia seeds
3 tbs maple syrup
1/4 c melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375
- mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in a mixing bowl
- using your hands to blend the ingredients- stir together until everything is coated with the oil
- place parchment paper on a large baking sheet
- spread on the baking sheet and press down
- bake in the oven for 10-15 min
- let cool
- store in refrigerator
I hope you guys give it a go! Feel free to add any nuts or seeds of your choice!
All the best,