I’m constantly looking for ways to satisfy my sweet tooth in a healthy way. These banana bites are the perfect option for a delicious dessert when you don’t want to overindulge. The banana is dipped in a melted blend of superfoods so you get the added bonus of nutritional benefits : ] Try it out, and let me know what you think. The best part? It only takes 30-45 min to make so you don’t have to wait too long to try them out.
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup cocao powder
3 tbs almond butter (I used unsalted creamy)
1 tbs maca powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
To Top (optional)
- Slice the bananas and set aside
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil at low heat. Add in the cocoa powder, almond butter, maca, and vanilla extract. Stir until mixture blended and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Use spoon to dip banana slices in chocolate
- Place slices on plate lined with parchment paper
- Top with desired toppings
- Freeze for 30 min
- Store in refrigerator
All the best,